Shell LiveWIRE Let’s Go Trade is an exciting opportunity for businesses that have previously participated in a Shell LiveWIRE programme to explore innovation through pursuing international trade.Grant funding towards the costs of travel and accommodation is available, as well as useful information and guidance that will help you to identify whether trading internationally is an option for your business. Businesses that already trade internationally have the opportunity to explore a new country or region.
The programme has two objectives:
- to enable and accelerate entrepreneurial innovation in Shell LiveWIRE entrepreneurs with growth potential, and alumni who are providing energy solutions, who have been trading for between 12 months and 5 years (66 months), and have growth potential
- identify successful Shell LiveWIRE entrepreneurs who will act as role models and demonstrate that seeking out innovation (product, service, business model, energy transition etc.) can support business growth, create savings and lead to significant benefits
Shell LiveWIRE Let’s Go Trade is a competitive programme, and participation is by invitation only. The numbers of businesses that will participate globally is very small indeed – just a handful from each country.
Let’s Go Trade aims to focus on those Shell LiveWIRE entrepreneurs who wish to trade internationally, and can identify a defined gap within your business sector.
The gap will be defined by you, but could include, for example:
- a product that isn't available in your country, or perhaps not even invented yet
- delivery of a new, or added value, service in your sector
- a business model that isn't in use in your country
- a new delivery channel
- a unique method of engaging with your client
- an innovation that supports the energy transition to a low-carbon future
- an innovation that could potentially benefit Shell’s supply-chain
This list isn’t exhaustive – you will identify gaps specific to your business.
About Shell LiveWIRE
Shell LiveWIRE is a flagship Shell programme for entrepreneurs, which started in Scotland in 1982. Today it runs in 15 countries and attracts thousands of participants every year. Its aim is to provide young entrepreneurs with business skills training and mentoring as well as start-up grants and awards. These help transform their business ideas into sustainable sources of income that can create jobs and stimulate economic growth.
Visit the Shell LiveWIRE International website to learn more.